View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 06:20 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb Well... I do wonder...

about shoving stuff up into a cavity that is not meant to be explored. Non Sterile stuff at that.

But then go back to microbiology lab. We cultured our throats , and
then had to identify what grew out. The most amazing horrible things were
discovered in my lab. Pneumococcus, Strep, Staph, Pseudomonas, etc.
None of us were sick. The explanation? Is that these things are in everyone,
and normally don't cause illness because of your immune system, the mucous layer protecting, other more benign organisms keeping them down, etc.

So the answer is keeping the immune system healthy, keeping the mucous membranes intact (EFAs, oral zinc), and not removing normal secretions which contain interferons, and staying hydrated.

So yes, I do not like this netti pot craze we are in. I would imagine if you were in a fire, or sand storm and got crap up your nose, one rinse could be helpful, a sterile rinse, that is. I also don't colonics, so don't get me started there either.

Also not all bacteria are virulent under normal circumstances. But you whack at them with 3 antibiotics and probably do more damage in the end. So I would consider it carefully. In the meantime I would do Mucinex or Humbid every day for several weeks...to get things normalized. Mucinex works best for me when I have any congestion. It unblocks my ears, etc. Take your vitamins/ and zinc. And stay away from fancy schmacy doctors with eager procedures etc.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote