View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 09:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default A thought about Mayo

If you need someone to get you around inside Mayo, they will assign someone to push your wheelchair while you are there. All you have to do is let them know that you need help. Also, you do not need a wheelchair of your own at Mayo. We went curbside at the hotel, got valet service and they went into the hotel and got a wheelchair for me. Also it was freezing cold when we were there in Dec. last year. (40 below) They were careful to not let me sit in the cold. We always tipped the valet and the van drivers. Got us excellent service. The van drivers would go in at Mayo and get a wheelchair for me. My husband was always loaded down with my purse, medical bag, laptop computer. So they performed this service for us. Once we were inside, he would transfer all the "luggage" to my wheelchair and my lap and he pushed me everywhere. So I used the hotel wheelchair inside the hotel and to the van, then Mayo's wheelchairs inside Mayo.

And if you have to go to St. Mary's Hospital for any of your testing (I did), they have wheelchairs too.

But if you need help at Mayo, just let them know when you go to your first appointment.

Billye