Thread: review board
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 08:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Congratulation

To Bebop Congratulations on winning you case. Takes along time and is a hard fight.

One thing I learned from my attorney is that it is very important to see your DR. every 2 mounts after you win your case and make sure you have a Dr. that knows your on SSDI. You'll need to manage the information in your medical reports and it is very important that you know what is in them. You'll need to set up a fire wall between yourself and the SSA medical Dr. Do your home work on this issue.

2. Always keep a hard copy of anything SSDI sends you, everything, make a copy of all the checks they send you so you have a record

3. If you have an issue in receiving your back pay [ over 90 days ] contact your Congressman and they can do a inquirery on your file.

4. The SSDI has been getting a great deal of bad press and they should for the way they treat people who are disabled there are currently 750.000 people waiting to see an ALJ and those are the numbers that the news what you to hear I'm sure it's more then that and they're saying it going to take 5 years just to work through the back log.

5. If you don't have a copy of your SS file all the information you provided the SSA when you first filed get one as the SSA has a repartition for losing important documents.

6. Two sites I use for information on SSDI issues are MY DISABILITY BLOG and 2. SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY COALITION

7. Don't get sucker punched by SSDI be pro active.

* Take care and be well Jeffn
jeffn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote