View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 11:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Meds

I am glad you guys mentioned meds...this is one thing I am concerned about. I have thought - what if I was at work, needed pain meds then couldn't function (sleepy, dopey, etc) let alone drive home...Pain meds, muscle relaxants, all that stuff makes us 'less then functional'. IF I were at my job I'd have at least a 30-45 min drive home in rush hour, I'd never make it!

Like you, at home I don't do much...I cook seldomly and when I do it is easy stuff and I buy ingredients that are already cut, etc. I don't clean per-say, I will pick up stuff but I don't get down to the nitty gritty. I can't do dishes (I drop them and break them...we are slowly losing our set of dishes). Laundry is a bear but that I manage (I use mesh laundry bags so I can kick the drity laundry around and get it down the stairs). I limit my PC time to about 20-30 mins at a time...that way my hand can get warm and recover from being numb. I look at how I function at home and really wonder how I can function at work.

But I miss being out and doing something...I really do. That's hard on one mentally (in my opinion). I focus a lot on my recovery - heading to various appts every week, swimming, etc but at the end of the day I miss the interaction with people and such (although I don't miss my OLD job! haha).

As Fern mentioned I would love to see us start a 'Careers Thread' - maybe we can bounce career ideas off each other, list the pros and cons...perhaps this will be helpful?!

JAMY is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote