View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 02:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmeb View Post
there - do you have Weight Watchers? I remember working with two women years ago who went on their diet - which was just normal food and exercise - but healthy stuff - and reasonable portions - and they both lost over 100 lbs......(no pre-packed meals - they just went to meetings once a week to "learn" what to eat and not)... and they kept it off..... Another friend too a few years ago lost about 60 lbs - and she looks great (and we're at that age of putting it on)....

Dont do anything drastic! Due to autonomic neuropathy (gastroparesis) I went thru a period a few years ago where I couldnt keep anything down but broth for 2 months - I lost 30 lbs in that time period and it took a year just to gain back 10 (which is still where I am cause I still have to live on liquids - but Ensure so at least it has calories and nutrients)... I can tell you that your gut is very sensitive to change in diet and if you cut something out it takes a long time to get your system used to it again... sounds like you are eating good and healthy and thats a good thing at least!

Hope you find the formula that works for you
Kneb, yes the " Weight Watches " clubs are every were here, i am basically doing what they do without going in to weigh in every week or so, they are a very good option for some though, i don't need the actual support of such a club as once my mind is made up to do something, i won't slacken off the target one bit.
Last night i down sized my plate and it was really plenty, a few hours later i grabbed a pear for a snack and i wasn't starving hungry this morning so i know that was one reason why i wasn't moving on the scales, all that fuel and just lying around at night watching TV and not burning it all off.

Brian
Brian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote