View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 04:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default My husband has the typical Australian tastebuds...

stubbies,steak,and fish and chips. As a child they ate meat every night.Apparently they were well known at the butcher as having the resources to eat meat everynight.

I am trying to change this now,and he also recognises that all that beef has not done him good.he is also now suffering alot of digestive problems,and bloating and such. He has English ancestry,and I have mentioned that he may have food intolerances such as milk or wheat. He is now starting to take me seriously because he is fatigued about 80% of the time,and his stomach always hurts.

Back to you Brian. Apparently Australians now have a huge problem with obesity. Have we stopped to examine why probably as little as 50 years ago the average Australian was so much thinner? I have seen furniture made in the 1940's -1950's and it's tiny compared to our furniture today. I reckon they are poisoning our food supply with additives and preservatives,colours,agents,pestacides,and our bodies cannot break this rubbish down. We need to go back to whole foods as much as possible,and ofcourse preservative free food one step at a time. The pear at night is a great idea. My granny is now 85,and still trim as ever. her secret was that she cooked everything herself,lived on whole foods,no alcohol,fish,and veggies and fruit. No secret at all.She raised 4 kids on that diet,and they were all healthy and then in the late 80's the processed food was slowly making it's way onto the marketplace. Then the people started to get bigger. 27 years later we are considered one of the unhealthiest and most obese nations!
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote