View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 05:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi jarrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrett622 View Post
Seems to be a problem for me. Since I restarted with this form of B-12 I've seen a huge jump in my energy levels and a decrease in my PN symptoms. Somewhere in these forums I have a list of all the things I was taking. No time to hunt it down now but I'll be looking at that soon and will begin adding one vitamin or supplement back in at approx 2 week intervals. So, bottom line for me, it seems that I have issues with absorbing B-12 from foods and my digestive tract. This just really brought this issue home to me since I restarted the B-12.

If anyone recalls, I suddenly hit a spot where *something* I was taking was causing a major increase in symptoms. I had started several new supplements at the same time and couldn't pin down precisely what was causing the problems. So I stopped everything. And didn't restart (other than Vit-C and E that I've always taken) any of the others until I had the better form of the B-12. Also, I'm taking much more Vit-C than I've ever taken before. I've gone as high as 8000mg a day with no backlash, so to speak. So, now we'll see what we can see.

I remember your previous post as im sure I replied to it as I also suffer the same problem,ie that some supplements definatley make the neuropathy much worse. I still cannot get to the bottom of why supplements like acetyl l carnitine/ calcium and magnesium / thiamine and benfotiamine (taken separately of course) bring on the numbness/altered sensations when they are meant to help the neuropathy, it isn't a question of the symptoms being a sign of the neuropathy getting better either unfortunately,they really do make it worse, I have gone on and off these supplements quite a few times to make sure it wasn't just a coincidence that the sensations got worse,they really do affect it. Mrsd mentioned the my electrolytes may be out of balance but I am not sure how to go about getting these checked. I would be so grateful if anyone could shed any light as to maybe why these supplements seem to be aggravating the symptoms.... One thing I do wonder about is the fact that I may have axonal damage by the looks of things and would this mean that supplements would not help this type of neuropathy....

Its excellent news that the b12 has worked well for you and I hope it continues to help you
Mark._. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote