View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 09:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark._. View Post
I remember your previous post as im sure I replied to it as I also suffer the same problem,ie that some supplements definatley make the neuropathy much worse. I still cannot get to the bottom of why supplements like acetyl l carnitine/ calcium and magnesium / thiamine and benfotiamine (taken separately of course) bring on the numbness/altered sensations when they are meant to help the neuropathy, it isn't a question of the symptoms being a sign of the neuropathy getting better either unfortunately,they really do make it worse, I have gone on and off these supplements quite a few times to make sure it wasn't just a coincidence that the sensations got worse,they really do affect it. Mrsd mentioned the my electrolytes may be out of balance but I am not sure how to go about getting these checked. I would be so grateful if anyone could shed any light as to maybe why these supplements seem to be aggravating the symptoms.... One thing I do wonder about is the fact that I may have axonal damage by the looks of things and would this mean that supplements would not help this type of neuropathy....

Its excellent news that the b12 has worked well for you and I hope it continues to help you
Thanks! Me too!!!

Yes! I recall your posts too because it was sort of an 'ah-ha!' moment for me. It *wasn't* just all in my head! Nice to know I'm not alone. I, too, would like to know more about the electrolyte issues and why it seemed that one or some of the supplements I was using was making things worse.