View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 02:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

When my thyroid was really out of whack a few years ago, all of my lower eyelashes FELL OUT! They grew back, but they came in more curved than they were before, so I frequently have one curling upward and poking me in the eye. Also, I somehow ended up with a follicle (I think?) so close to my eyeball that when that eyelash grows in, it scratches my eye if I don't pluck it.

But I gotta ask the dumb question....how did you not notice you'd removed your eyelashes? Didn't it HURT? I have to pluck ingrown eyelashes sometimes, and I find this painful (of course, I have fibromyalgia, so it's probably just me).

I gave up stuff like makeup for the most part when I first got sick (I do make exceptions for special occasions like weddings). It just takes up too much energy that I need to save for things like actually leaving the house. And I wouldn't dare wax my eyebrows with my tremor and unreliable motor skills in my hands.

So I think you are brave.

fanfaire