View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 04:21 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi there,
I am sorry that you are having such a rough time. Physiotherapy can make the RSD worse. I would speak to your PT's again and see what they say. Do you do any Physiotherapy tasks at home? I do, I have to try and bend my knee, really painful for me to do, touch my leg again really painful to do because of the hypersenstivity. Have you tried 'mirror therapy'? In mirror therapy you have to move your good limbs in front of a mirror and it should help your brain to think that your bad limb is moving - its not helped me but it might help you.
This is a website telling you all about mirror therapy:
http://www.rsdalert.co.uk/treatments/mirror.htm

I have not found anything that helps me so far
Yes I do get muscle pulses, it is a symptom of RSD. It does NOT mean that you are doing too much.
Speak to your doctor about something called Dystonia, which many people with RSD develop. I have Dystonia. The symptoms of dystonia include:
Muscle spasms/pulses (however this is also a symptom of RSD)
Poor movement
Locked limbs (eg, unable to move the affect limb(s))
Balance problems
It sounds like you could have Dystonia, with you saying that you have muscle pulses, do you have any more of those symptoms listed above??

I have tried the TENS unit but this did not help me, I found it too hard to place the electrodes on my foot

Take care and if you want to chat, I am here
Love
Alison