View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 11:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default OT: Chit-Chat Early Fall

Well...since Peg has not yet shown up to get this going and since we were on page three or four already, I though it time to start a new thread.

Good to see Dayle and Mark and BBS and Wayleaf and so many others finding their way back here. I got an email from JL on September 24 stating that the new BT would be back up and running (at a link in the email) shortly. It also stated that software and hardware glitches had had the site down for about a month....try nearly 3 months!. Anyway, the link still is not working as of this morning, a week after the email was sent.

We were near the freezing mark this morning and I heard from someone in Maine that it was 29 degrees when he got up today. We're courting lower 50's now and the primer is going on the exterior of the house and we've chosen the color to redo the trim on this old house. Tomorrow sheetrock will be put up in the new room and hopefully, within a week, the room will be usable.

I've heard that Katie-Kate (bubblesperson) is now in Germany with her folks and is getting superb medical care and even is getting an insurance covered wheelchair that will bring one to a standing position. She is tickled pink about it.

Sheila (PCat) is being hit hard with the realization that Chris is truly gone and never coming back. That realization hit hard last week and she is relying on family, friends, and those from this community who know her to keep her going. I have her address if anyone wishes to send a card or letter.

Eli (kidoftheking) should be on the road as I write this. They have loaded up the trailer and the van and have refurbished the house in ElPaso to sell and this morning were to start the drive to the upper peninsula in MI to retire. Wheelchairs and all.

Here...my daughter is still quite ill and now three year old grandson has been running a fever for the past three days. So far the labs would indicate mono is the cause of her elevated liver enzymes and extreme fatigue. But they have discovered a genetic protein altered that affects clotting and that is thought to be the cause of her blood clot in the portal vein. Still on Lovenox injections twice a day for the next month or two. She has 4 doc appts next week. We (David and I ) have had multiple tubes of blood drawn as well to see if either of us are at risk for clots due to this inherited protein disorder. The tests are also looking at lupus for all of us. I have a brother with Lupus.

Now, pull up a chair, chime in and tell us how each of you is doing this lovely autumn day. And if you have news of those not yet here that we should know about...please let us know.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote