View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 10:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Red face need some encouragement, I guess

Hi everyone, I've missed you... but things here have been tough lately.

My aids has been giving me a hard time recently. I have no choice now but to start meds, regardless of how much worse the side effects make my rsd. I have put this off longer than I should have.

I have now developed what they call "wasting", where the body consumes muscle as well as fat reserves. It's not that I have run out of fat reserves completely, it's something that can happen regardless of your weight.

The only thing that helps with wasting is the use of human growth hormones, a med called Serostim. I will have to inject myself daily, yuck.

There are many serious side effects to this medicine. The major one is that over 1/3 of people who use it have musculoskeletal pain as well as all sorts of things like arthralgia, myalgia, and peripheral neuropathy. There are also edema and "tissue turgor", which is another type of swelling of the wrists and ankles. A "double-whammy", so to say. It will increase the number of and severity of my migraines, too. Not to mention that it can cause the development of Diabetes. I have tested "borderline" for years, I am worried that this will send me over that line.

Needless to say, I am scared stiff. I don't want to take ANY these meds, let alone all of them!!

Keep your fingers crossed, pray for me, whatever you can. I think I'm going to need it.

Rogue

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.
theoneRogue420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote