View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 10:54 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi there,
I am so sorry that you are having a rough time - I hope things pick up for you((hugs))
Mirror therapy works on many people if you catch RSD in the early stages, for example 1 to 2 months before injury. Mirror therapy helped my arm, but not my leg. I think that you should be doing Physiotherapy at home too - maybe talk to you Physiotherapist about that. Its not fair on you having to travel to the hospital every day. I see my Physiotherapist once a week.
I don't see my PM doctor that often, I maybe see him every 3 months.When I was first diagnosed I had to see him every week to check on the medications etc. My nurse rings every month now though. I am going to see my PM doctor on Wednesday.
Neurologists can be quite helpful, however from what I have read PM doctors are more understanding (although I don't like my PM doctor) If I was you I would go see a PM doctor. Many people have to try different doctors before they find one that they like. Most GP's don't know what RSD is, my mom printed my doctor an information sheet about RSD for my doctor and he found it very useful.
I would talk to your doctor about Dystonia is sounds like you have some of the symptoms.
Have you tried any braces on your affected limbs? they can help. They don't help me because of the hypersenstivity.
Take care
Alison