View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 11:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Because I have so much mobility in my limbs I don't really need anything for them. I am actually walking better now that I have gone without my crutches for a few weeks. I still hurt without them but I don't think my wrists could tolerate them. I keep them in case of a really bad day.

I have the PT clinic I am at getting me the referral for a neurologist and my case manager looking into a specialized clinic. They tried to get me PM doctor but he was booking into March and they don't expedite. So? Maybe the neurologist will refer me to one. I don't know.

Last night I was getting a lot of twitches and spasms but today it doesn't seem to bad. LOTS of burning. Sometimes I think that my pain tolerance has increased because I am getting used to a certain level of burning and pain. Kind of skews the pain scale, don't you think? When I was at the hospital earlier this week the nurse asked me what I would say my pain was at on a scale of 1-10. I said probably about an 8.5-9 but only because I know it can be so much worse. During my physical inspection by the doctor my pain went to a whole new level, probably around a 25. It is different when my feet hurt and I can barely step on them to when my entire body is burning and being poked and pressed on. They are two totally different types of pain and work on different pain scales. Strange how you can learn so much about yourself.

I do have a question though. I know you have been through a LOT. I am curious, did them putting your foot in a cast help because from what I have read assistive devices and casts can make RSD worse or be the reason for it's onset. Just curious, please don't take any offense to my ignorance.

Also, I am upset with the doctors for ignoring your leg and focusing on your arm, particularly since this is a time-sensitive fight we are all dealing with. I am really sorry for all you have been through.

Have you kept a journal or diary at all of your symptoms? I am just wondering if you had one because then it would show a time-line of how things have progressed for you, particluarly with the dizziness/imbalance. I have kept one just because my doctor didn't know what to do and I wanted to have something to take to the next one I would deal with. So far I am finding that no one really wants to read it and see what the progression has been. I am hoping I will eventually get someone to look back at when things all started for me and how they started. If the gabapentin is working and what other drugs I have been administered and the effects of those. I want everything documented. If I can get this into remission and comes back again I want to have a record to remember what I had to go through the first time, to see what did or didn't work, etc. I am terrified that the longer I wait the less there is that will be able to be done. I am also terrified that the RSD is over my body and not simply my nerves being over stimulated. Sorry, I know you have things hard and that you are here for us. I also have experience with depression to know that everything is starting to affect me.

I hope things can get straightened around for you soon. I think it might be best to re-schedule your PT appointment and go for the consultation. It is always better if they can really see what they are up against and not just working with the idea of everything. PT is going to be there the next day.
TTL J
Kyzyl363 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote