View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi,
I really hope you can go and see a PM doctor.
My leg was put in a cast about a month after my injury. No it did not help, it made things worse. The cast was supposed to be on for 2 weeks but my mom had to ring the hospital the next day for it taking off, the pain got really really bad and the spasms got worse. I did not have so much hypersenstivity at that time though. My foot is held out to the side and I can't move it. The cast was supposed to keep my foot straight but it did not help because the whole of my leg is bent not just my foot (although my foot is the worst rotated) It was only when I was diagnosed that we found out that we should not have used a cast. I was also using ice packs on my foot, which made the pain a lot worse and caused my leg to go blue etc.
Yes I do keep a day to day diary of my symptoms. My symptoms have got a LOT worse since March. I am hoping that my mom will show my doctor the book on Wednesday. I am hoping to find a new PM doctor because mine does not do a lot for me, in fact he's made things worse. My PM doctor thinks that the balance problems are Psychological - why would I do that when all I want to do is get better?? Many of times I have sat in my house and cried because of the whole situation. I also get pain attacks because of it, do you??
Many thanks for your kind words.
Alison