View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 01:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Golding View Post
Hello theresej,

Thank you for explaining your situation so clearly, and in so much detail.

It is now apparent that you know what you are doing; I hope that my words of caution did not offend you. I am worried about less experienced people acting on advice, either given on these forums or from ignorant doctors, without first carefully checking the evidence.

If you have not already done so, I suggest that you visit the excellent web site of Rose. This is a direct link: http://roseannster.googlepages.com/home

Paul
Paul, not at all.

It is important even when we think we know what we are doing to be cautious and continue to investigate, research and learn.

I just learned a few momments ago that supplementing with B12 in mega doses can cause Potassium depletion. I do not have any more information than that at the momment, and found this from reading something the author of "Could it be B12" said. I am trying to find more information on this at the momment.

However, this is interesting as for the past few days, I had been experiencing constant excessive tightening in my calf muscles that prevented me from being able to pull my foot up all the way, and was quite painful when I would try. Attempting to stretch the calf did not work either.

I didn't take my methyl-B12 supplements for 24 hours, and during that time, the tightening/spams lessened. A few hours after the 24 hours were up, it was gone.

Interestingly, after almost 6 months of absolutely no arrrhythmia, I started having some isolated palpitations in the last couple of weeks. Potassium deficiency can result in both, the heart being much more sensitive to potassium levels.

Funny, I noticed I've been eyeing the bananas on the counter more than usual recently.
theresej is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote