View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 08:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Victoria, Holhar

gibbrn: "I had venous tos as well and had rib ressection and scalenectomy due to 80% occlusion in my right side subclavian vein."

How did you know it was 80% Vic? Was your test dynamic in different positions? Mine says 60% with my arm down but the venogram wasn't done in any other position. The docs said to assume more as my dynamic ultrasound showed a full blockage of various vein, arteries as my arms are raised

BTW-I only get the swelling with USE. I was told not to do anything vigorously and I watch the arms and see that I can avoid the swelling if I avoid living my life. ok, a stretch, but that's how it feels to be so limited. (not that i could do much post my other surgery. my goal is to recover from that and then pursue the release of the neurogenic plus vascular TOS.

I wish you and your son the best. I too have heard that when sudden onset is combined wth short term suffering and young age, the chances of a pretty full recovery are on your side. I know of one case that was treated like this and the man has never looked back 15 yrs later. He had both sides operated on in Denver in his 30's due to accident. He did not have any RSI and made a full recovery. Please realise that many of the one's that make a full or fuller recovery aren't spending time on this forum so don't get scared thinking that those of us with many post-surgery issues or with multiple diasnoses are the norm for someone with your son's issues.
fern is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote