View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 10:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Cool

Hi, ((((((Olaf))))))

Welcome to NeuroTalk. I see you've already discovered the Chronic Pain forum. You sort of snuck in the back door

Here's a list of all our forums here.

My 'home' forums are Spinal Disorders and Chronic Pain. My adopted forums are Bipolar Disorder and Child Neuro. I wander frequently

My back is shot to heck. I imagine it's not as bad as yours. Mine is mostly from age and misuse not from birth. But, I don't like to do that whole comparison thing. I talked a lot about my back when I first started with the old BrainTalk. I've gotten away from that in the past year or so. Finally, I'm more accepting of ME, I guess.

I'm retired/disabled -- way to young, in my opinion (even though my son says I have now reached "antique" status.

This is a great place. You can talk about your physical and emotional problems, if you want. You can talk about your cat or your dog and your art and your coin collection. We even talk a little of religion and politics -- within reason -- without bringing the sledgehammers

I think chronic pain is one of the hardest things to live with. There's no break, no respite. It isn't like if you behave yourself and do everything RIGHT that it will make a bit of difference. That's a hard reality to face.

I have pain in my hands and feet from neuropathy caused by a blood condition. Thanks be to G-d, I've found a drug that pretty much stops the pain. I don't know where I would be if I hadn't It's interesting, and ironic, that numb hands can cause pain, isn't it

You're gonna like it here. I know what it's like to isolate yourself. I have psychiatric 'issues' and isolating myself had always been one of my coping mechanisms. Now, I find out, that hasn't been such a smart idea. It's hard to change what you've been doing all your life.

The internet is a wonderful way to connect up with people, to not feel so lonely, yet still have your precious solitude. It also gives you a place to practice your people skills.

I just noticed tonight that you posted a couple of weeks ago. It's good to be supportive. But, you also have to be BRAVE. You get back what you put out here. You put out caring and support and initiate conversations, you'll get back unbelievable gifts.

Well, I'm working on re-opening my eBay store for the holidays. Got to get back to that. I just wanted to welcome you. I look forward to learning more about you.

Hugs.

Barb
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote