View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 10:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I find oxycodone really helps with my MS pain.

But the problem for me is that when it wears off in a few hours, I'm left in even WORSE shape than I was in to begin with. And it seems to worsen other MS symptoms too once it wears off - this lasts for about 24 hours afterwards.

So I am in this vicious cycle of feeling desperate for some relief so I'll take an oxycodone, only to understand that I'll suffer even more afterwards for those few hours of relief.

And everytime after I experience the worsening effects, I swear I'm going to throw out the rest to make sure I never have to go through it again... but I don't, and then I get desperate enough the next time to take one, only to go through the same worsening of the pain afterwards and the worsening of my other symptoms.

So suffering even MORE pain afterwards is too high a price to pay for a few hours of pain relief, but desperation makes me do it anyway.

Glad it helps your brother. My neuro gave it to me so he obviously has some experience with it helping others with MS. And it does work for my pain temporarily. But I haven't had the experience of it helping my MS generally at all, it temporarily worsens it considerably. And the pain comes back even stronger than it ever was too.
pantos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote