View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 12:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Constant twitching & spasms in chest area

Hello, everyone! I'm so glad I found this site. I'll try to make this short:

For the past month I have been feeling what seems like fluttering or twitching sensations in my chest. I finally went to the doc complaining of these symptoms...which I really believed were not heart related. However, once I did go to the doc with complaints of fluttering or twitching in chest, the first thing she did was order an ekg, which was normal. She also gave me a holter moniter, which did show pvc's. However, the cardio doc that reviewed them said the pvc's were within normal limits. The cardio doc also ordered an echocardiogram, which I should have the results of tomorrow. Cardio doc was pretty confident that the spasming/twitching feeling I was experiencing is not heart-related, and ordered an echocardiogram for peace of mind.

So now, God willing, the results will be in tomorrow with no abnormalities or concerns. Oh, I forgot to mention that when I presented to my doc the first time I went in to her with my spasming/twitching complaints in the chest, she did a little exam and probing and found that I had costochondritis....she barely touched a rib and the pain was just about unbearable! (Could there be a correlation between costochondritis and twitching/spasming in the chest area/upper abdomen???)

Anyway, my question is: Has anyone ever experienced or heard of such a thing of constant twitching or spasming in the chest/upper abdomen? Also, if I press right under my rib cage when I am experiencing these symptoms, it seems as thought the spasming stops...I believe.

I have no other symptoms of abdominal problems at all. As a matter of fact, I did have a CAT scan as a result of an elevated liver ensyme and then a subsequent MRI because radiologist found a hemangioma on the liver and wanted a better picture. Hemangioma turned out to be benign.

Again, I'm a healthy person, I exercise four to five times a week, and I am very happy and not stressed out or depressed or anything. However, this constant twitching in chest is kind of stressing me out a bit. It is uncomfortable and annoying.

Thank you for any response if anyone has an idea of what I am experiencing.

Aloha
alohamom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bruegger84 (11-26-2010)