View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 04:46 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Hi Andrea and Ali,

I started to reply to you and the next thing I knew it had grown out of control; it may have been 1500 words and I wasn't half-finished. I tend to be wordy. I deleted it, but I'm wondering if my unkind words about something a physician said might still have you angry. I see that Ali has said some very kind and thoughtful things to me, so I know that if you're angry, you aren't teaching it to her.

Anyway that reply is gone, and I'm tired from writing it, so I want to focus on just one part of one paragraph that you wrote: Luckily I kept Alison weight bearing as much as I could so things didn't worsen.

I think the next words you wrote were a secret message to yourself: We are told that if she puts some weight through her heel it will stop the spasms but Alison has been doing this for the last four months and if anything they have increased in frequncy and duration

I think most people would have given up after trying anything for four months and seeing the problem worsen, so I think its ok to notice that things aren't working out the way you had hoped.

I also think that if my words here are successful they will generate a discussion of physical therapy. I'm not quite hijacking you, because I think you already suspect it is making things worse.

I think you should hear about this from as many people as possible, both pro and con. Learning from other RSD people's experiences should help you sort out the disconnect between what "they" tell you, and what you see.

I, of course, hope the discussion will lead you to rethink the actual cost/benefit ratio of physiotherapy. (Part of the costs are the damage the terrorists posing as therapists are doing)...Vic

The great end of life is not knowldege but action. T. H. Huxley

When in doubt, ask: What would Jimmy Buffett do?

email: :
Vicc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote