View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 08:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Roy,

Welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear that you had a sz. and cut your head. I'm 45 and have had sz. for 35 yrs. I have complex partial and absence sz. along with aura sz. every now and then.
I've had all the testing done that you mentioned but it sounds like you might be photosensitive which means certain colors are triggering your sz. I had a special e.e.g. done where the neuro ordered to have the e.e.g. tech flash different color strobe lights one at a time and that's when they found out the colors bright white, amber, and floresecent green triggered sz. for me. Another reason why you might have had a sz. is because you're sick with a cold that always causes me to have a sz., but the big thing that really messed me up was the neurontin. That caused me to have a absence status sz. where I was out of it for up to 3 hrs. one time. Everybody is different when it comes to meds but I know the company that makes neurontin has over $240 million in lawsuits because the drug has caused people to have sz. that never had them in their life along with many other negative effects. You might want to tell your neuro to try a different AED (sz. med.) Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue P.S. When I have a cp sz. (complex partial or absence) I will always walk around and continue talking or working I just don't remember.
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote