View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 11:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Miranda

Hi Miranda
First to answer the easy question. The smileys do appear as text in colons in the message. You can preview post, the button at bottom of of the text box thingie, you type in, and see the pix.

My experiences are that many docs don't believe narcotics such as oxy, and morphine helps MS pain. Plus the fear of abuse, getting the script and reselling on the streets for xtra cash, not to mention malpractice is a deterent to the prescribing.

I've found through trials that morphine based vicodin has less intense side effects, nausea and dizziness, for me then the oxy based med. For me 1/2 a tab daily makes the awareness of pain less. Not that it disappears, but it doesn't seem to bother me that I hurt.

My exb/f has been on heavy meds for RSD (nerve damage) pain for 20+ years and finds the oxy bases are better. He must wean himself off every couple of years when he reaches max dosage and then can start again. I'm glad I'm not in his shoes.

Well that's my 2 cents for the day, hope it helped. I hope you find what you are looking for and your brother can get the relief he needs. You are a wonderful sister and advocate. Thanks for caring.

Breathe In HOPE, Breathe Out DETERMINATION
MSacorn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote