View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 12:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,
I am sorry to read Hayley took a bad fall, glad to hear the neurosurgeon is taking a CT How did that go? Hope all is good {{Hugs}} It made my Mommies heart jump just to read about it

I think waiting to decide on surgeries until after those tests are done is a good idea too and I understand not wanting to have her undergo major surgery so far away, even though sometimes we must travel to get the “right doctor” I wish Denese was here to give her opinion, remember she took her son to Rekate from Florida. So here I go with my possibly to late suggestion
Dr Walker and Dr Rekate are some of the best, but there is one Neurosurgeon who is exceptional, he is at Stanford and his name is Dr. Edwards, Dr Edwards, Dr. Walker and Dr. Ciricillo did a debate on hard and unusual cases at the San Francisco Hydro Conference and I was amazed and in awe to how smart and different Edwards and Walker were, in my opinion Rekate and Walker are old school tested and true, the best in there class but Dr. Edwards is new school, and was amazing, if it is possible maybe you could go for one more opinion and mail off info to Dr. Edwards at Stanford. I know this is late but Edwards and Circillo were the most impressive neurosurgeons I have ever heard speak. I with Austin have also seen some of the best, but if Austin has any more Hydro or Cyst complications I will seek out Dr. Edwards.
I hope Hayley is doing well, and her CT came back good. Keeping Hayley in my well wishes and prayers
love to you and yours
Deborah

Here is Dr. Edwards info from the Hydro Assoc. site…
Michael S.B. Edwards, MD, FAAP, FACS
Professor of Neurosurgery and Pediatrics Lucile Packard Children's Hospital & Stanford
300 Pasteur Drive, R207
Stanford, CA 94305-5327
Phone: (650)496--9976
Austinsmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote