View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 06:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Walking Exercise.

Hi Jamy great thread. In 2004 after sustaing work injuries I put on alot of weight on I became deconditioned as well. I started doing stretches everyday, was eatting healthier, drinking lots of water and started walking every morning. As soon as I woke up I would dress in a few layers, throw on a hat and gloves, lace up my sneakers and start walking. Some days it was very cold and windy, wintery days. My destination was the lake about 1/2 a mile away. The first week or two I didn't get that far, but with determination I got there and beyond. I kept this up and lost 70 lbs, within ayear. I found trying standing tall and straight was hard and what to do with those arms? I found a hoodie with a big front pocket most convienent.
Walking also helped me have some alone time, time to pray, time to think, time to dream. Some trips I'd see woodpecker's, coyotes, eagles, geese, deer and I saw a huge blue herring once. But best of all it gave me more energy. I need more energy now, I am so tired all the time. I can go to bed at 10:00 pm and wake up at 7:00 am and feel like I never slept at all.
Jamy I think it's time for me to hit the road again, tomorrow morning!
Thanks for this thread.
Hairdresser
hairdresser is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote