View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 08:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I can't believe that you're having to go for 4 hours a day. No wonder you're in such a bad way!! That is wayyyy too much time!!! I only went for 1 hour 2 days a week the first time and 1 hour 3 days a week the 2nd time. The 1st time I just did most leg exercises and stretching stuff and leaned to walk on my own again. The 2nd time I was supposed to do10 or 15 min on a stationary bike and at first could only do 5 minutes then would do more leg exercise/stretching stuff.

Most of the time through both times I was sent I didn't even make it the hour because it was just too much. I couldn't do it and would just lay there and cry or I knew I couldn't do one more thing and told them I'm not doing it, I hurt badly and have no meds. I can't take this pain as it is!! They didn't like me much but they can't force me to do it. The saying No Pain, No Gain DOES NOT apply to us!!! My 1st pt lady was really nice and knew something about rsd so when I was all done in she'd take heated towels and wrap my legs in them. It helped to calm the pain some as well as relieve a bit of the muscle spasms and soreness in my muscles. The 2nd lady was just stupid and she's the one I flat out told I'm not doing it and ice, are you crazy??!! Nope, you ain't touching me with it! She saw after 6 or 7 sessions that I was getting worse but we kept on till 10 before she dismissed me writing down that my condition was as good as it was going to be and that staying in pt any longer was going to keep worsening my condition.

I think that pt really did "help" to spread the rsd so fast throughout my body. That combined with no pain meds to calm everything down and it was like wildfire. I liked the pool therapy the first time round but only wished it had been in a heated pool cause the regular pool had very chilly water and I'd be hurting so bad and freezing by the time we were done. I got home as fast as I could and soaked in a very hot tub of water for about half an hour to get the feeling back in my fingers and warm me up.

*hugs* to you and I hate that they're putting you through this. I don't understand why there is no doc to oversee the pt and well, frankly, you shouldn't even be doing anything without a doc monitoring the situation and adjusting things as you go along. I hope something happens for you soon so this torture will end.

Hugs,

Karen

Living, loving and laughing with RSD for 14 years and counting.
GalenaFaolan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote