Thread: help me please
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 01:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm not qualified to answer that.......but as my hubby would say, that won't stop me from having an opinion !

Carpel tunnel is dx'd when the nerve is compressed going through your wrist. I can't see how that damage could be done from whiplash. Was there an accident and your wrist was jammed too ? I would think it was more likely that the damage to your neck causing the whiplash also caused a slipped/ruptured disc or a shift in the cervical vertabrae that is pressing on the nerve root leaving your spine that "looks like" carpel tunnel on an emg.

I have had an emg which shows carpel tunnel in my left wrist. I'm a righty. I only type by the hunt and peck method. My wrist doesn't hurt. I don't see how I could possibly have CP. I do have TOS, cervical arthritis, and bulging discs. My new neurologist thinks my "wiring is weird" and because the main nerve is impinged at my neck, the neurons are just firing funky. CP should cause weakness in the hand in a medial distribution (it's the medial nerve that is impinged going through the wrist) I have numbess/weakness in an ulnar distribution (last 3 fingers). I guess the nerve impulses can get crossed on the way up to the brain.

What does your neurologist say ?
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote