View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 06:53 AM
Paul Golding

Paul Golding

Default Risk of Fatal Hypokalaemia

Hello mrsd,

Thank you for your suggestion about renal tubular acidosis. I have not had any specific tests for that, and will need to read up about it.

I did not go to the ER after the doctor sent me away. I went home and eventually improved enough to remember to check my blood pressure and heart rate; both were very much higher than normal five hours after the episode had subsided.

So, I was not tested for potassium level, and my blood film was not examined, at the time of the episode. Perhaps I did have haematological abnormality at that time, although it has not been observed since in any test. It is possible that the episode was not hypokalaemia, although it did coincide exactly with my first dose of oral B12.

My VT was not caused by potassium deficiency; it had been there for decades. I was very thoroughly tested by the cardiologist, including for electrolyte levels. I was operated on by a cardiac electrophysiologist who performed mapping and ablation of the pathway. He did find unexpected instability, and there is no certainty that I will remain free of VT. All heart operations carry a one lifetime warranty!

There could well be a link between my B12, vitamin D and DHA deficiencies; I am still searching for it. I have been focussing on my B12 deficiency for over two years; the other two were discovered only a few months ago; I am working with my doctors on them.

I have several proven deficiencies, and suspicions about others; I have many symptoms. This is why I must be very careful; I will otherwise be unable to sort out which change caused which effect.

I am only able to concentrate for a few hours each day; I am very slow, and become tired very quickly. It took me three hours to write my previous long post ("Why I started This Thread") today.

Paul
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote