Thread: Help
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 09:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi, the hearing is more informal than a regular courtroom hearing. It will be the ALJ, you, your lawyer, which i hope you have one, and maybe a vocational expert. Dont dress too well with too much makeup, dress neatly but dont overdo it. I dont know what your injuries are but if you need to you ask the judge after you are sitting for a short while, your honor can i stand, . Look the judge in the eye when you talk to him/her. Answer only the question asked and get directly to the point, dont add things that are not asked. Be ready for the question what do you do all day......and maybe how did you get here today, good idea to have someone take you. Dont minimize your problems, answer truthfully and describe what your worse days are like. Also be ready for a question on how some of your symptoms keep you from being able to work. If you have any medication bring it with you in the prescription bottles, so that the judge can look at them if they want to. Being nervous is natural so think about your answer before you say anything. Its a good idea to wait a couple of seconds to answer every question so that it doesnt look like you have to make up an answer for a particular question. Dont forget to mention how your medications may be affecting you during the day, tired, lack of concentration etc. when asked about medication. Thats all i can think of right now. Good luck.
HeyJoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote