View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 11:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Top of the Morning

To all those interested in neurofeedback.

I picked up the book Getting Starts with Neurofeedback by John Demos last night as I had to order this book not on the shelf and I'm in the process of doing my first read. Excellent informational guild for those interested in Neurofeedback and how the brain works.

Quote" What is neurofeedback ? It is a comprehensive system that promotes change at the cellular level of the brain and empowers the client to use his or her mind as a tool for healing. Neurofeedback training combines the principles of complementary medicine with the power of electronics. Neurofeedback is founded on computer technology joined with auxiliary equipment that can measure the metabolic activity of the cerebral cortex."

The book is written for clinicians as a technical study guide so it's kind of heavy but well written and understandable to the layman like myself.

Learning the technical langauge, how the brain works, what parts of the brain are effected with TBI/PCS the assessment process the symptoms and setting up the protocol for re training the effect part of the brain. I have a lot of home work to do and this study is going to take some time.

Having the correct information, the technical langauge, and the understanding of how this therapy works is important. Creating a base line to start from, establishing realistic goals , clinical assessment and knowing how to read your assessment and setting up a treatment and therapy plan to reach your goals.

It looks to me like there is a great deal of home work, study, information gathering and research to be done before you start the therapy/ treatment process. I'm being a turtle here as I'm more interested in long term results then a short term fix that does not work. Starting with the end results in mind.

PCS Mc Gee, you may find this resource book helpful if you decide to try neurofeedback therapy.

Thank you for starting the post I have learned a great deal here from all who have posted. Learning

OK:Back to work I HAVE A BRIAN TO REBUILD Jeffn
jeffn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote