View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 11:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Ann-elizabeth

Ann-elizabeth,

I have one saline implant for four years and recently developed neuropathy. I am having it removed as soon as possible. It has progressed very fast and all of my medical tests have come back normal. I am praying this will start the healing process.
Srite back please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann-elizabeth View Post
Hi,

I have PN, primarily small sensory PN, but some motor. All tests to date have been normal. My neuro's next step is a cat scan of my entire torso to rule out cancer (8 year smoking history) because my PN is spreading fairly rapidly. I asked him if my breast implants would pose any problems in the reading of the CT scan, and he stated no, but that would be an interesting area to study as to a cause for my PN.

Now my breast implants are filled with SALINE, but the actual implant itself is made of silicone. I had them placed almost 9 years ago and have never had any problems with them, no scarring, no contracture, no leakage.

I googled "Saline breast implants and peripheral neuropathy" and some anti-breast implant sites came up with some pretty scary things. However, I couldn't find anything that seemed medically sound.

I am wondering if any of you women with PN here have implants? If you prefer not to respond to this thread, can you send me a private message? Thanks so much...

Ann
Valeri Williams is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote