Thread: Help
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 12:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default To Moneymaker8

It's natural to be uptight when you have to go before an ALJ and explain why you're unable to work.

One thing my ATTORNEY did is that we spent an hour right before the hearing to go over my claim and medical records. This was very helpful for me because I have a TBI/PCS so it's very difficult for me to produce information on the spot.

I would stop reading your denial letters.

One thing I did was to write out on a 3x5 card the my claim was approved and that the ALJ was there to help me and that was my attitude when I went into the hearing.

As it turns out the ALJ had an great deal of knowledge about Traumatic Brain Injury and give me several suggestions from the bench on places to go for treatment . Our conversation was pleasant and productive.

Hey Joe is correct being well groomed on the conservative side is best. Being honest and direct with short answers is also useful.

One thing I did was to go down to the hearing office and walk around you do not want to be late for your appointment and this also take some of the stress off as you know where your going.

My sis took me down to my hearing and it was good to have the emotional support.

One mistake I've seen women make is to say they want to stay home with the kids our grand kids, not a smart statement to make on the record.

Hope this helps Jeffn
jeffn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote