Thread: kitten declawed
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 12:52 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb I have seen the most heated

arguments about declawing. So I don't want to get involved with that.

Personally I don't like it and think it is inhumane. All of our cats are intact,
and we trained them to not claw, even the furniture. We have 3 cat trees they tear up. I have a heavy duty puppet, of a Beaver...one of my son's old toys.
We call him Big Beaver. Our youngest cat likes to wrestle a bit, so I get him out for that game. (we have a road near us called Big Beaver --yep---funny isn't it? --so Big Beaver is easy for us to fall into name wise). So when my youngest is running around in the winter bored to death, I ask her where Big Beaver is...and she climbs to the top of her tree and waits for him to "come alive" LOL Hence she never claws US..

I will say, I have had many friends over the years who did declaw, and I saw most of them became biters.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote