View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 01:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default John is doing some testing....

But I don't feel it's comprehensive at this point. I think the doc's agenda was/is a bit different from what our is. His doc did:

#1 - A red blood cell elements test. They analyze packed blood cells for surface-adhering and intracellular content. they looked at the minerals and some toxic metals. On that test, his copper was at the low end and the zinc was on the high end of normal. This was done by Doctor's Data.

#2 - He also ran a blood/serum test for copper/zinc. The serum showed his zinc to be low and the copper:zinc ratio to be high. Just the opposite of the first test. This test was done by The Great Plains Laboratory.

The doc did not know what to make of this. John has very high iron which messes with your zinc levels and his chelation therapy messes with the copper and all minerals to a degree.

#3 - He also did an Organic Acid Profile (urine test)...I can't even begin to understand what all of it means. Thank God most results were normal! The potential problems uncovered by this test were: Low Vitamin C due to either dietary deficiency and/or increased utilization of antioxidant; Decreased pyroglutamic acid (glutathione); Low Pantothenic acid (B5); And Low citric Acid...has something to do with Krebs cycle....I'm clueless about this. This was also done with the Great Plains Lab.

#4 - He also ran a Liver detox profile which show Phase II pathways are underfuctioning. This is usually fixed with glutathione and other antioxidants....so we're seeing a trend here with antioxidants. This was done by Genova Diagnostics.

#5 - He also did a saliva test to check the adrenals....as expected....pretty low functioning....B5 and Vit C are vital to good functioning adrenals.

Some of these labs will only work through a doctor. I think Doctors Data will work directly with the patient though.

A really good nutritionist can be very beneficial in getting an assessment done and will have access to all these speciality labs.
Marlene is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote