View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 04:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Narcotics

Hi,
I read that you are on Methodone and also morphene? I was on Methodone for over a year, also oxicodone. I was seeing a pain management Dr. in Kansas city.
It seemed that every time I saw him he was suggesting a new narcotic.
While on the methodone I would phase out constantly. Its like if you go to sleep for a minute or so, and then wake up for awhile and do it again. I dropped things all the time. I am a smoker and I riddled the carpet with holes by dropping my cigarette. I would phase out with a smoke in my hand and would drop it to burn a hole. How lovely of me don't you think??
This past January I went into the hospital for a major surgery. (It was lifting up my insides) It has a real long name, but after having four big babys things were going down and needed to be lifted up. When the surgeon got me opened up
there was a problem right away. Because I was taking methodone , they
found several large balls of poop.I was suppose to be cleaned out.The infection rate just went up.
I stopped breathing two times and went to ICU on the vent. This was also because of the methodone. I had to have more anesthesia to get knocked out because my tolerance was high. This was also caused by the methodone.
While I spent two weeks in the hospital, my family Dr. took me off methodone.
Right now I am on NO narcotics. I didn't realize that the methodone had changed my behavior so drastically. I look back now and think of all the weird stuff I would do. I also would fall asleep in my chair and lean way over to the right side and me and the chair both would take a tumble. On one of these
occasions I fell over , hit this little heater we have, and split my lip.
I can't tell you what to do. I can only share my experience when I was taking methodone. It is nice not to have those weird behaviors any more.
Also very dangerous behaviors.
God Bless and I hope you can work things out
Doodle bug7
Doodle bug7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote