View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 06:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused

We're not sure about the quarters, as in the past 15 years I was off of work a total of 6 years taking care of children 3 and under. I understand that you have to have "recent" quarters of work. However, the lady at the SS Office said something about if I didnt have enough work credits, they would go off my husbands work credits? (He's been employed through our entire relationship, 2 years of dating and 14 years of marriage).

I find it all so very confusing. Let alone the fact that we were told a couple months ago that I didnt qualify for a Medical Card of any kind.... although our children are lucky enough to recieve health assistance via our state plan because to provide them hubby's family plan insurance through his work is almost 1/2 of our monthly income.

The medical card people sent us to the disability people. After filing the application, the disability people told us that to get help with medical bills, our only option was to go to the medical card people. Which we did, and who said, basically, "Sorry for yer trouble, but there's nothing we can do to help" *sighs*
MorningBroken is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote