View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 07:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default You guys rock!

Thanx everyone. I am still in a flare...both my PT and MT could not beleive it. Serves me right being so stupid! Lots of great comments here so hopefully I hit them all! I too have put on weight (or at least not lost anymore!) and really just need to get feeling better all over...

Hairdresser - like you I love to walk...I like to be out and just think about everything...contemplate life. I used to just walk and walk with the dog...and find being outside walking is far more relaxing then a treadmill. I like the hoodie idea...If I can get something together to tie the dog to my waist then I can walk with my hands inside my jacket. That's exciting enough that I can wear a jacket...the past few years I have not even been able to wear a coat...I usually live in a vest and a hoodie! My MT suggested really bundling up so I am going to dig all my winter stuff out of storage this week (scarf, mitts, hat). I love blue herrons! I usually see them when I am driving along this certain spot of the highway, which is weird in the middle of the city!

Johannakat - I used to love the treadmill and like you would set the incline high. I would walk slow but knew I was getting a workout...my arm still swelled though...I had to remind myself to keep it on the arm rest ALL the time. I hated the elliptical and not much of a bike rider...

Fern - I see a lot of people doing that 'reverse bike' thing at pyshio...usually sitting in a chair behind the bike. That looks kinda comfy! I might be able to get into that. I find the recumbant bikes uncomfortable for some reason. You have lots of great other points. I wear some great hiking shoes with orthotics...they seem to be pretty good walking on the sidewalk. I am going to look for a sol'n to the dog leash...I know you can get waist leashes but the sol'n may be as easy as a yoga belt as you point out. The flare you describe sounds like me right now...hand, arm, shoulder, shoulder blade, neck and into my jaw...I feel like a mess! I have been going to some waterfit classes they really are great. I can do what I can do and the water is great resistance. I know where I used to live they have time for 'water running' set aside, not sure if they do here. I have been told swimming is prob one of the best things for TOS sufferers.

I think the lesson here is starting small and working my way up. Start out with a few 5-10 min walks and just listen to my body...
JAMY is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote