View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 07:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Roy,
My Dr. wanted me to try keppra but I told him no way because a lot of my friends have tried the drug only for them to have a very hot temper and be very moody. To find the right AED for you your Dr. needs to do a DNA blood test on you and they can match your DNA up with a AED that will help control your sz. the best. This is something that my Dr. has been doing for at least 2 yrs. if not longer. Another thing that has helped a lot of people is taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. a day you can buy right over the counter without a perscription.
You should stay away from nutra sweet ex. diet soda cut back on starch foods, carbs. and eat foods high in fat this is known as the ketogenic diet that helps reduce if not stop sz. for many people. It's been proven that nutra sweet (aspartame) can cause more electrical activity in a persons brain which can lead to sz. for many people. Also make it a point to keep a calendar and write down what time you had the sz. along with a discription of the sz. by doing this your neuro may be able to see a pattern in your sz. as to what time of the day or what days of the month you are more likely to have a sz. Also be sure to take note of the weather because some people are bothered by a low pressure causing them to have a sz. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote