View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 01:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiathedragongirl View Post
To make a short story long I was dxd IBS back when I was 18 or so (now 36) with predominantly lower right side pain and C.
A few random thoughts here: First, what does C stand for? Crohn's disease or colitis? If the pain is lower right abdomen, that suggests problems around the appendix or ileum and ascending colon. The ileum is the first part of the large intestines where the small intestines dumps in. I seem to remember some GI type problems associated with this part of the digestive system, but it's escaping me now.

I'm trying to figure out the cause of my digestive problems as well. I've been going through all the food intolerance type tests and am trying to run through all the pathogen type tests. I'm hoping I can avoid being scoped. I think it's good to make a list of what you might not have, then go for the testing of those things you haven't ruled out yet. My problems seem to be a little further in the colon - transverse and decending colon. If you are wondering about your reaction to gluten, I think it's good to get tested before you are gluten free, then try gluten free regardless of what the tests tell you. Have you considered testing through Enterolab as well?

Claire