Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 01:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeriemates View Post
Also, I'm pretty sure that I've read that Terra Chips contain traces of wheat, at least in some varieties, though right now when I did a web search the only place I found that mentioned was in somebody's blog (namely here: http://glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com/2...de-potato.html -- in the fourth paragraph it says, "Terra Chips, the gourmet chips with exotic vegetables, should be gluten-free. But some of the varieties are not. I learned that the hard way....").

Sorry to be the ingredient grinch. :-(

-Valerie
What I've learned with my various food sensitivities is that if you are sensitive to gluten, you could start developing other sensitivities. So, one could be reacting to something else in the chips un-gluten related, not to mention that some brands of chips are soaked in oil that could have gone rancid, or fried fatty foods might not be your thing, especially if your system is already compromised by damage from gluten. There are some of the Terra Chips that I won't eat because they are so dang greasy, but I stand by my sweet potato and beet chips ! I think you have to figure out whatever works for you, and sometimes you have to learn the hard way. As much as I'd like a steady diet of processed and junk food, my body won't tolerate it anymore .

Claire