View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 11:59 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Gee, aren't Crocs really cousins of

Shoe Boxes? I know that my own foot size has gone up about at least one full size and the width? Was a ladies C/D to a D/EE. And still not enuf toe room? It does get discouraging. And THEN one has to learn we lose the 'fat' that protects our foot bones+muscle fats, etc due to neuropathies? It is insult to injuries! Plus the 'edema' from either the meds or less activity or whatever else that could be blamed on it all.
I used to have an all leather wardrobe due to hyper-hydrosis, plantar...meaning I had to wear leather because I had super sweaty feet. That all changed dramatically with my PN onset. The opposite problems started to occur - had to treat my feet as if I had diabetes with checking, and heaps of lotions and potions! Now I can only wear washable slippers at home, sandals and crocs...It is a good thing no grand neices/nephews are due for weddings for a LOONG time? Crocs at a wedding? Nope.
Keep those ankles strong? Exercise with either a pair of therabands and balance discs and you WILL get a strengthening workout. Site is:
http://www.fairview.org/healthlibrar.../sma_index.htm
Look under ankle....The discs you have to stand on..probably best to have a door jamb or counter to hold onto at first. The theraband exercises...many you can do sitting down. Hope this helps. - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote