View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 02:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hehe, sorry bout all those

abbreviations *blushes*. ACM is Arnold-Chiari Malformation. In my case, personally, my neurologist believes it was a birth defect, where a part of the hindbrain (cerebral tonsils) herniate past the base of the skull (forem magnum), into the spinal canal, often times blocking Cerebral Spinal Fluid flow, and in my case putting pressure on the brain stem and the nerve bundle at the base of the brain/spinal cord. The object of the surgery was to increase the area to allow for more even flow of the CSF. Therefore, they "enlarged the braincase" by using a mallet and chisel to make a hole at the base of the skull, and then shaved off parts of the first 3 cervical (neck) vertebrae... C-1 C-2 and C-3.

Thanks for your input, though. Will definately bring it up at my next appointment. I thought my friend was kinda nuts, but when I saw this forum here, I though, hmmmm, wont hurt to ask what people who have it think. It might not be a TBI or PCS, but at least it sorta makes sense.

Sorry about the ranting. But once again, thankyou for your answer, and God Bless you and yours!!!

Dee/Dawn/whoever I am today hehehehe