View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 11:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi MC

I heard back from the review board in march, and they gave me 90 days to submit new medical records etc. This was about a year from the first hearing. Then I got a letter about 30 days before the hearing to be held in august. The decision came about 2 weeks after the hearing, and was dated august 30.

I have received the SSI back pay, and got a notice of award for the SSDI, but they say they are sending another after calculating, and deducting for the state disability I received in 02 - 03. I did call for information on medicare, and they told me what the ssdi backpay amount will be.

The amount I receive from ssdi isnt the amount I hoped it would be, but I can live with it. I had a 10 year blank spot in my earnings where I took in foster kids, and didnt pay into social security.

One of the things that really helped me in the hearing was that they called my son in and asked him questions. He gave me the ride there, and we didnt know they would call him in. It was hard for me to hear the answers he gave because I never realized how much he missed the old me.

That is when I lost composure. As I broke up from what I was hearing, and looked around the room at everyone. Their faces showed true concern, and they asked if I needed a moment. I told them no, I would be alright, it was just hard to hear from someone else. I really never realized how much our disabilities effect those around us.

I hope your hearing comes fast, and that they decide in your favor. Dont give up. I know it is hard to live, but well worth the fight.

Gone Squatchin
allentgamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote