View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 12:45 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Kate,

I have been on Methadone for over 4 years. I'm thinking actually 5. I have so much trouble with dates and times.

There are a lot of people that can't take it. I did take it with the Amitriptyline for awhile. I just didn't like what the Amitriptyline did to me on it's own.

As far as dosage. I do 1/2 of 5 mgs. 3 times a day. If I am having bad days I will do 5 three times a day. Last night I did the 5mgs. with a heating pad and lidoderm patches in one area.

I think too it depends on how far along in a persons' remission what dosage they may take. I feel like I am close to remission but if I let the Methadone get out of my system, I have major pain so I honestly can see a difference even on a low dosage.

I would call the Drs. office and ask the Nurse if she will double check on taking them both together. I would say that someone mentioned to you that there might be a problem instead of saying you read it on the internet if you feel that might be a problem with your Dr. I tell my Dr. all the time I get on the internet and read. My Dr. is ok with it but I see others on here that have Drs. that don't want them on the internet.

Ask the Pharmacist also if you don't want to ask your Dr. I do that at times. I agree with you that it's better to be safe then sorry.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ShaggyChic_1201 (11-06-2014)