View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 01:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningBroken View Post
that everyone hasnt heard the whole story *blushes*. I have Arnold-Chiari Malformation Type 1, Chronic Myofascial Entrapment, Anxiety/Panic Attacks, Slight Carpal Tunnel, Extreme Fatigue, Decompression of Cervical Vertabrae 1, 2 and 3, and a semi-sudden drop in visual acquity from 30/20 to 90/20 best corrected vision (80/20 in left eye and 100/20 in right eye), over the past year and a half/two years. I havent driven since 2006, it was just too frightning thinking my vision was so bad I might have an accident with the kiddos in the car.

I had actually accepted the offer of a job as pianist/organist for our home church in 2005. I've played all different types of keyboards all my life since starting piano lessons in 3rd grade. So thought it would fit in nicely with wanting to be a full time stay at home mom to our kiddos, plus 1 hour 3 times a week was definately something I could handle, and it would have meant 120 dollars of extra income each week. But it was then that I actually noticed how bad my eyesight had become, and we started going to opthamologists, who were all dumbstruck by what was going on, since everything was "structurally sound" as far as the mechanics of the eye went. However, one lovely lady had the foresite to send me to a true neuro-opthamologist who decided to bite the bullet and put into writing that the Arnold-Chiari may very well be the cause of the vision loss. I am currently waiting for the MRI results from last Monday, we should know something either Wed. or Thurs.

Thankyou so very much for your responses. God Bless you!!!

Dee
Have you had surgery for the Chiari? I'm having an MRI in December to check for Chiari. The last 5 years I have been having a lot of complications due to having aquired hydrocephalus. Plus doctors not knowing I had it.

Find me on facebook:

ref=home#/pepperknowsbest?ref=name
or my blog
monicad1974 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote