View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 01:04 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Andrea,

My thought is that even if this Dr. didn't mean what he said before he may still not be doing enough to help Alison get better.

As far as PT. I think that they are wrong about making a person do some of the exercises they are making them do. These PTers. might say they know about RSD but saying it and proving it is two different things.

If you went to a new place, I think that you might come out with different answers. They can also be a part of each others group but it doesn't mean that they all use the same techniques to take care of a person with RSD.

A lot of us on here have had horrid experiences with Drs. and had to move on. I question too about the block. Why does he keep saying it didn't mess her up. Why would he not try one with other meds if that were the case? I do believe the right blocks might help to put Ali into remission. I'm not saying it will but I believe it is worth a try to have more blocks with different meds.

As far as the medications. I am on Methadone but with Ali being so young I wouldn't know about her taking it. A low dosage might be ok for her but why would he not try to help her in other ways besides the meds.

I went to a Physical Therapist that said that I may get worse before I got better and my Dr. called them up and said no. You may get worse and not get better. There are just a lot of things RSDers can't do.

If Ali goes in and talks to him, who's to say it's just not his way of trying to smooth things over so he can keep making money?

It's worth phone calls to clinics to ask if they will take on Ali even though she is younger. They would tell you yes or no on the phone if they take children.

With RSD the longer they wait to attack it the more it spreads. I don't believe like they do that the kind of PT they are doing is going to help her the most. It comes with other medical treatments. Blocks, meds, warm water therapy, myofasial release, massages, triggerpoint injections. There are a lot of things out there to help with RSD besides just the PT.

I am just giving my opinion and I know others will come back with more. I just believe in finding a Dr. that cares and that will listen and even work with the patient on using some of their ideals.

Hi Ali,

Sorry that you are having such a hard time with this. I would meet with this Dr. and listen to him and see how he explains things and if they are to your liking. If not then maybe you and your Mom can find you another Dr.

Ada

PS, I hope I am not coming off too strong but I do believe that we have to choose the right Drs. with RSD.
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote