View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 02:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Andrea,

My name is Linda and I am new to this forum. I saw your post about Ali and felt compelled to reply. My daughter Kirsten is 11 and has been battling rsd since she was 8 years old. Kirsten did not have any blocks done so I really can't help with that but it does appear that things went somewhat haywire when that was done. We don't know what started the rsd in Kirstens wrist but it spread into her hands and fingers and up her arm to her elbow and shoulder. It was 2 1/2 months until she was diagnosed with rsd and put on amitriptyline and started physio. We also went the intensive physio route--4 or 5 times a week and when we weren't at the hospital we did it at home so she had 3-4 sessions a day. After about 2 months Kirsten was able to move her wrist--just a twitch--and from there she continually improved. Today all she deals with is wrist pain that is about 1 out of 10 on the pain scale. I understand that the physio is not the right way to go for everyone. Kirsten worked through the pain and came out okay at the end of it. It was the hardest thing she has ever done in her life and will probably ever do. Kirsten loves to find new email friends so if Ali would like to chat with her please send me a pm and I will pass on Kirstens email address. Sometimes when kids connect with someone in the same situation it helps to make them feel not quite so alone in all this. I wish you the best of luck and hope that you are able to find some solutions for Ali.

Linda
kittysmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote