View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 07:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am with you on reconsidering medical leave....even if you only mean it as a joke!, if you need the surgery, are you sure you aren't doing yourself more damage each day by working? If you are on the computer all day you may very well be. I really regret working those last 6 months or so In hindsite, it was a very bad idea to keep abusing my body that way. I am probably better now than i was then, but having a glimpse of what 'could' be (i see it only on the good days, which still come and go, even at home) i know that I was seriously in bad shape. The improvement I have gotten by tracking down my problems carefully and concentrating on fixing each individual one is essential if I am ever going to function close to normally again. I have gained 1000x more awareness of when i am using my body improperly and how much better it feels if I can get it to a proper position...of course it doesn't really want to be in that proper positioning, only gradual coaxing is helping it to get a little closer each day.

Just becuase they gave you notice doesn't mean you can't reconsider your personal medical situation.

just a thought.

warmly,
johanna

johannakat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote