View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 08:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default To be or not to be...

Happy? It occurred to me quite awhile ago that I am no less happy than I would be if I didn't have Parkinson's. People who tend to find things that will keep happiness from their doorstep will do so under whatever circumstance they find themselves in and vise-versa. I am on an antidepressant which I found made my level of happiness, well....more level. I always used to amaze myself that when I was happy I could not think of a good reason to be depressed, and when I was depressed I was sure I never had a happy day ever. I did not have the capacity to remember being anything other than how I was feeling that day. Yet I had a journal that clearly showed I spent time in both conditions. Sometimes one condition would prevail for months. Usually the depressed condition. I could go on and tell you of a thousand things that annoyed or depressed me and I asked myself several times "What would make me happy?" A new car, a better job, a smarter husband, a smaller backside.....What? When I would get any of the aformentioned I was happy for a few minutes, until I could think of something else that I could dwell on and be unhappy about. Some folks are just not happy unless they're unhappy. As for me, well I'm on drugs now and all things considered I'm reasonably happy. I think I'll just leave it on that note