View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 08:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I really don't know what to say here, other than I can understand your position and wanting another opinion. Please don't misinterpret or inference anything in my questions, I merely want to understand things better to maybe help or be more supportive.

I know you are looking for answers as to why the imbalance happened and want them to take some responsibility for it but did they happen to even offer a possible solution for it or a way to maybe counteract it? Did he ask if there were any more side effects or other issues arising because of this imbalance, I mean other than the obvious with the crutches, walking, inconvenience, etc of it all, but physiological changes because of it like it is affecting her progress with her arm or affecting her wrists, how is this affecting her progress with physio or whatever? I usually take a list with me of the questions I want to ask. A list helps me ask all the questions plus any new ones without getting 'blurred vision' by new things that annoying me about talking to this person. Please, don't misunderstand me, I am just trying to help.....

I would definately seek a second opinion and follow up with him about the other patient you had referred to. I am really against things like methadone treatment, I mean if it is an absolute last resource, maybe, but I would think that is more for someone who is not responding at all to treatment, I mean a good treatment program. I would rethink my physio before trying something like the meth cocktail. Sorry, I am also not crazy about ketamine but I have not progressed to the point that Ali has nor to the degree many others here have. I am sure that if I were to a greater extent I would be thinking anything, as long as it works to take away the pain.

Ali's not responding to the staff well maybe good enough of a reason to seek other resources. A person's state of mind can really determine their outcome and I would think more so for a child. I would try to differentiate between the treatment being given versus the staff giving it with Ali to really see if she can distinguish between the two. If she can then she should be able to continue where she is and have success there. On the other hand, if she receives the same treatment with people she connects with she may progress more quickly or with less ups and downs. I hate the place I am at. I am fine with doing the exercises they have given me and will do all that they ask me to but I am often flairing up because I don't like going there and being around them. That's just me. I am an adult and can distinguish between the two and know that to some degree I have improved some but still want to be elsewhere and am thinking all the time I could be getting so much better elsewhere. I would be more receptive to various types of treatments if it was being offered by people I can connect with. I think you know what I mean.

I really hope I haven't said anything to offend anyone. I want to be supportive and here for you both. Let me know if there is anything I can actually do to be helpful. Until then TTL J
Kyzyl363 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote